Savvius Inc. offers a range of powerful software and appliance products that automate the collection of critical network data for security investigations and for network and application visibility and performance diagnostics.
It is not essential to have a deep background in networking or security, though that is certainly a plus. Rather than a long checklist of ‘must have X years with tool Y’, we are looking for a person who is really good at designing, implementing, and delivering quality software and is ready to ramp up quickly on new challenges. If you enjoy working within a small team on cutting edge technology and are interested in delivering quality networking and security solutions, Savvius is a great place to work!
- (Cooperate) – Work with cross-department teams to solve technical issues
- (Debug) – Troubleshoot existing features and new development
- (Learn) – Expand your knowledge in networking and security
- (Program) – Transform functional specifications into shipping products
- (Plan) – Provide schedules and plans, and execute to them
- (Design) – Create functional specifications and architect software
- 3-5 years of industry experience
We expect you to be broadly skilled in software development
You need to understand software design at all levels and hit the ground running
- Fluent in C++ – Our most critical code is written in C++ and you need to be an expert
- Self-motivated, innovative, and creative
We are not micro-managers here – you will be expected to step in and deliver software
You are continually looking around and learning new things about software development
- Passion for delivering products to our customers. Everyone is expected to understand our customers’s needs
- Familiarity with common networking technologies and protocols. If you don’t know it well but can learn quickly, that’s OK
- Linux and Windows development experience. Our core system works on both Windows and Linux, we need you to be deeply knowledgeable in both of them.
- Willing to learn legacy code as well as develop new code. We have a large existing code base of successful products and our new development often needs to integrate, inter-operate, and communicate with existing products
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or equivalent experience. We develop complicated multi-platform software, you must have technical mastery of development
- United States citizenship. We are not currently handling H1-B and Green Card applications
Deep knowledge of networking. If you are not already skilled, you will need to learn networking
Job Code: SCSE